Although we cannot bring together the tens of thousands of marchers and hundreds of thousands of spectators we typically draw on November 11, we are committed to having our veterans community represented on Fifth Avenue on Veterans Day.
Our Veterans Day Motorcade will (literally) mobilize our regular Parade participants on Fifth Avenue in a symbolic and safe way. A motorized convoy of 120 vehicles will muster and roll down at least a portion of our traditional Parade route at a time to be determined on November 11.
Participation in this motorcade will initially be offered to groups that meet the following criteria:
- They have already applied for the 2020 NYC Veterans Day Parade, and/or…
- They have participated in the Parade for BOTH of the two previous years (2018 and 2019)
Registrations from the above groups will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Preference will be given to veteran groups, service providers and Parade partners.
If your group meets the above eligibility requirements, we will be sending out an email with further information and instructions to the point(s) of contact we have for your organization. If you meet these requirements and do not receive this email, please contact us at motorcade[at]uwvc.org.
If your group does *not* meet the initial participation criteria, and you wish to be placed on our waitlist, please email us at motorcade-waitlist[at]uwvc.org. In the event that any groups in the initial eligibility list decline to participate, some additional spaces may become available. Preference will be given to veteran groups and service providers that have recently participated in the Parade.
- For motorcycle groups, there will be a separate Motorcycle Ride on Veterans Day. » Learn more
- A larger number of groups is eligible to join our Virtual Line of March. » Learn more
- Individual veterans and members of the public can participate by following our MARCHING ORDERS activities! » Learn more
* * * *